SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Plan, organize, supervise and participate in the operations and activities of the Lemcon Warehouse; train, assign, supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store and deliver materials, textbooks, supplies or equipment; complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
- Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery; load vehicles; schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
- Supervise the processing of requisitions; complete requisitions for needed materials to assure adequate stock levels.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and logs and prepare reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required; supervise the assembly of inventory printouts and catalogs as required.
- Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
- Operate and demonstrate use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Assist management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures; advise of budget-related needs; assist in the bid process for various supplies as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
- Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
- Materials, equipment and supplies used in a Telecom Industry.
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Warehouse operations, procedures, equipment and terminology.
- Space utilization and inventory techniques.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Automated warehouse inventory system.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in the operations and activities of the Company Warehouse.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Utilize space efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain inventory.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate warehouse vehicles, machines and equipment.
- Receive, issue, store and return warehouse stock and supplies.
- Lift, move, sort and store objects.
- Plan and schedule work.
- Maintain accurate records of stock transactions.
- Learn to operate a computer terminal and warehouse-related software.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and three years warehouse or related experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Texas driver’s license.